- Upham House, Main Street at Crystal Lake
- Corner of Water Street and Wakefield Avenue
- The Isaac Green House
- Crystal Lake from Hart's Hill
- The Rockery (no.1)
- The Rockery (no.2)
- The Rockery (no.3)
- Wakefield YMCA building
- Wakefield Park stone entrance gate
- Wakefield rattan factories on Water Street
- YMCA and Baptist church (no.1)
- YMCA and Baptist church (no.2)
First photo is a reproduction of a 1914 picture postcard, looking north at the Rockery on Main Street opposite Yale Avenue. Second photo taken by Loren Hill, March 2010.
"The unique rock structure on Main Street honored local town history. It was inviting, almost pastoral, as illustrated by the young lad and his relaxed pose. Today the area is less inviting. No crosswalks connect to any sidewalks on Main Street. Traffic swirls around it like a swarm of angry hornets. The stone marker noting local towns has been moved elsewhere to a less prominent spot on the town common. In its stead is the statue of a military figure commemorating the Spanish-American War. Today’s “Young lad” must brave heavy traffic to visit the island on Main Street." - caption provided by Loren Hill, contest winner.
Winner of photo contest, First Place, Adult category.