North Shore summer home of President Taft, Beverly, Mass.

Title:

North Shore summer home of President Taft, Beverly, Mass.

Publisher:

Ayer, Mass. : N. E. Paper & Stationery Co.

Description:

View of "Stetson Cottage", 55 Ober Street (now Lynch Park), The cottage was the summer home of John Stetson, founder of Stetson Hat Co., later owned by Robert and Marie Evans who rented it to President William Howard Taft for the Summer White House in 1909 and 1910. The house was moved to Marblehead in 1910.

Subject:

Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 -- Homes and haunts.;Stetson, John Batterson, 1830-1906 -- Homes and haunts.

-- Beverly; Presidents -- United States -- Dwellings; Mansions -- Massachusetts -- Beverly

Beverly (Mass.) -- Dwellings.;Ober Street (Beverly, Mass.)

Collection :

Beverly Postcard Collection

Tags :

,

Citation :

"North Shore summer home of President Taft, Beverly, Mass.," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #11351, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/11351 (accessed November 22, 2014).