President Taft's summer home, Beverly, Mass.


President Taft's summer home, Beverly, Mass.


View of "Stetson Cottage", 55 Ober Street (now Lynch Park), The cottage was the summer home of John Stetson, founder of Stetson Hat Co., later owned by Robert and Marie Evans who rented it to President William Howard Taft for the Summer White House in 1909 and 1910. The house was moved to Marblehead in 1910.


Taft, William H. (William Howard), 1857-1930 -- Homes and haunts.

Stetson, John Batterson, 1830-1906 -- Homes and haunts.

Presidents -- United States -- Dwellings.

Mansions -- Massachusetts -- Beverly.

Ober Street (Beverly, Mass.)

Beverly (Mass.) -- Dwellings.

Collection :

Beverly Postcard Collection

Tags :


Citation :

"President Taft's summer home, Beverly, Mass.," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #11530, (accessed September 23, 2017).