Beverly, Mass., Marine Park


Beverly, Mass., Marine Park


Originally called Queen Park, now called Independence Park. Located on Lothrop Street, between Wilson Avenue and Central Street. At 6 pm on July 17, 1776, Col. John Glover first read the Declaration of Independence to the 14th Continental Regiment camped here to protect the port of Beverly.


Lothrop Street (Beverly, Mass.)

Parks -- Massachusetts -- Beverly

Marine Park (Beverly, Mass.);Independence Park (Beverly, Mass.);Oceanside Park (Beverly, Mass.)

Collection :

Beverly Postcard Collection

Tags :


Citation :

"Beverly, Mass., Marine Park," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #11543, (accessed November 30, 2015).