Beverly Armory, home to Company E. The building was located at 21 Thorndike Street, dedicated November 20, 1891 and vacated by 1906. Company E was formed in 1814, at the end of the War of 1812 and known as the Beverly Light Infantry. In the Civil War, they were organized as 8th Infantry Regiment, Company E, Volunteers and were the first Union company to report for duty in the Civil War.
Massachusetts infantry. 8th Regiment. Company E.
United States -- History -- War of 1812 -- Regimental histories -- Massachusetts; United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories -- Massachusetts; Armories -- Massachusetts -- Beverly
"Beverly Armory," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #11751, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/11751 (accessed August 24, 2016).