Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925

Title:

Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925

Creator:

D'Onofrio, Jayne M.

Publisher:

Wakefield, Mass. : Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department,

Date:

1997

Description:

Photo courtesy of the Wakefield Item Company.

"Formerly the Albion Inn, the Ye Barnard Inn, was located across the street from the current Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department offices. The inn was acquired by Mr. Barnard around 1925. In 1930, Mr. Barnard commissioned the firm of W.M. Brooks Company of Boston to change the structure into a two-story building at a cost of $7,500. The alterations included an office in the front of the second floor and an apartment at the rear. A store was 'made available' in the front of the building which was extended nearer to the sidewalk as far as the inner curbing bordered by the small garden maintained by Mr. Barnard." -- Text from calendar by Jayne M. D'Onofrio.

Subject:

Albion Inn (Wakefield, Mass.); Barnard Inn (Wakefield, Mass.).

Wakefield (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department calendars

Tags :

Citation :

D'Onofrio, Jayne M., "Ye Barnard Inn, 8 Albion Street, circa 1925," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #11996, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/11996 (accessed July 23, 2014).