Lane's Drug Store, 1950

Title:

Lane's Drug Store, 1950

Publisher:

[Wakefield, Mass.] : Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department,

Date:

2007

Description:

Photo courtesy of the Wakefield Daily Item.

"Lane's Drug Store was located in the new business block at the corner of Albion and Main Streets during the early 1940s. The store was similar to today's drug stores that sell health and beauty products such as Vaseline and rubbing alcohol, along with sundry items like beach balls and ice trays. Formerly Bonney & Dutton, the drug store was razed and a new building erected in 1940 by its new owners, LeBlanc and Logan. The new Bonney & Dutton Drug Store opened in March 1941, only to be bought at auction by Himmel Drug of Lynn and Salem in January 1942. Lane's Drug bought the business in March 1944, with Ames Drug becoming the new owner in 1957." - Text from calendar by Jayne M. D'Donofrio.

Subject:

Advertising -- Massachusetts -- Wakefield; Commercial art -- Massachusetts -- Wakefield.

Wakefield (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department calendars

Tags :

Citation :

"Lane's Drug Store, 1950 ," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #12144, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/12144 (accessed November 28, 2014).