Mail and communications room, American Mutual Life Insurance Company, 1958

Title:

Mail and communications room, American Mutual Life Insurance Company, 1958

Publisher:

[Wakefield, Mass.] : Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department,

Date:

2008

Description:

"The opening of the new Route 128 in 1951 led to the development and relocation of businesses along the highway, including the Boston-based American Mutual Life Insurance Company. Formerly located at 142 Berkley Street in Boston, the company began negotiating with the Town in 1954 to construct its $2 million home office along the shores of Lake Quannapowitt. The company opened its new building in October 1958 with more than 1,000 employees. The home office served four regional offices which were located in Los Angeles, California White Plains, New York New York, New York and Upper Darby, New York along with 90 branch offices scattered throughout the country. In 1958, the Mail and Communications Room was staffed by (from left) Communications Supervisor Eileen Tillman, Mailroom Supervisor Phil Sheehan, unknown gentleman, John Neiss, Sterling Chapman, Jack Callahan, John Frazier, and Paul Sheridan." - Text from calendar by Jayne M. D'Donofrio.

Subject:

American Mutual Life Insurance Company (Wakefield, Mass.)

Wakefield (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Wakefield Municipal Gas & Light Department calendars

Tags :

Citation :

"Mail and communications room, American Mutual Life Insurance Company, 1958 ," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #12153, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/12153 (accessed July 31, 2014).