[Site of first meeting house in Reading MA]

Title:

[Site of first meeting house in Reading MA]

Date:

post 1990

Description:

"This stone on Reading Common marks the site of the first meeting house erected in Reading in 1769. That meeting house was moved to Union Street in 1818. It was then called Union Hall and converted to a school. In 1887, Union Hall was again moved. It was cut in half and the two sections were taken to lower Haven Street to become part of the huge Black's Block." From the album containing the photograph.

Subject:

Salem Street (Reading, Mass.); Reading Common (Reading, Mass.); Reading (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Reading Historical Images

Tags :

,

Citation :

"[Site of first meeting house in Reading MA]," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #13591, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/13591 (accessed October 26, 2014).