R. R. Station and Black's Block


R. R. Station and Black's Block


circa 1900


"The first Black's Block was built in 1887 on the corner of Haven and High Streets. There were stores on the ground floor and apartments above. It was destroyed by fire on March 6 1890. Mr. Black rebuilt the block around 1892. The second building, shown here, has been taken down in stages over the years to accommodate the building of the Reading Municipal Light Company." [Later torn down to build Brook's Pharmacy, now Rite-Aid.]


Black's Block (Reading, Mass.)

Railroad stations -- Massachusetts -- Reading -- Pictorial works

Reading (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Reading Historical Images

Tags :


Citation :

"R. R. Station and Black's Block," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #13777, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/13777 (accessed August 23, 2017).