The move of the Ruggles' house

Title:

The move of the Ruggles' house

Date:

1984

Description:

"The Ira Ruggles' house built at 164 Haven Street, circa 1850, converted around the turn of the century to Hodson Bros. decorators. In the 1960s the name was changed to the Paint Store with the Purple Door. In 1984 the owners wanted the property for another use, so the business had to move. This site is a parking lot in 1992. In April 1985 the house was moved through town to its new address on Forest Street where it is a private home again." From the album containing the photograph.;480 Haven Street, Reading, MA, 01867

Subject:

The Paint Store with the Purple Door (Reading, Mass.)

Moving of buildings, bridges, etc -- Massachusetts -- Reading -- Pictorial works; Architecture, domestic -- Massachusetts -- Reading -- Pictorial works

Haven Street (Reading, Mass.); Reading (Mass.) -- History -- Pictorial works.

Collection :

Reading Historical Images

Tags :

,

Citation :

"The move of the Ruggles' house," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #13924, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/13924 (accessed August 20, 2014).