Oliver Wendell Holmes Library James Strohn Copley Wing

Title:

Oliver Wendell Holmes Library James Strohn Copley Wing

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

The Copley Wing was added to the east side of the library in 1959 and was considered to be an architectural structure for the ages. Less than 30 years later it was gone. Its metal and glass exterior was considered in conflict with the brick structures surrounding it and so the new wing was designed and finished in 1988. The Copley Wing has served the school as the American History area very well, and served as home to some of the school's famous pranks involving automobiles being placed inside the building.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Oliver Wendell Holmes Library

Holmes, Oliver Wendell 1809-1894

Copley, James Strohn 1916-1973

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Oliver Wendell Holmes Library James Strohn Copley Wing," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15475, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15475 (accessed July 30, 2014).