Brechin Hall Exterior

Title:

Brechin Hall Exterior

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Brechin Hall was built in 1865 with money donated by John Dove and Peter and John Smith alums and prominent Andover businessmen. They named the building after their childhood home Brechin, Scotland. This photo shows the Elm Walk, in its prime. Dutch elm disease and an ice storm has taken its toll over the years. It served as the library for both the seminary and the academy until 1929.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Brechin Hall Exterior," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15549, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15549 (accessed August 21, 2014).