Andover Theological School Missionary Rock

Title:

Andover Theological School Missionary Rock

Creator:

Sprattler, Timothy

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

2010

Description:

This memorial was placed in 1910 to remember the missionaries sent out to foreign lands to spread the word of the lord. the theological school had moved to Harvard University in 1908, but its history remains tightly bound to this campus. The theologues often strolled the woods of the nearby bird sanctuary and this area around Rabbit Pond. For this reason the boulder was placed here.

Subject:

Andover Theological School -- Grounds

Andover Theological School -- Missionary Rock

Phillips Academy -- Grounds

Hall, Gordon

Mills, Samuel J.

Judson, Adoniram

Newell, Samuel

Nott, Samuel

Richards, James

Rice, Luther

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, , ,

Citation :

Sprattler, Timothy, "Andover Theological School Missionary Rock ," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15725, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15725 (accessed September 1, 2014).