Addison Gallery of American Art Interior

Title:

Addison Gallery of American Art Interior

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

The Addison Gallery of American Art was built in 1930 through the generous gift of Thomas Cochran. It is named for his friend Mrs. Keturah Addison Cobb. It also provided funds to purchase the art collection for the permanent collection. Included in the collection is the school's copies of the Audubon Double Elephant Folio of Birds and his lesser known Folio of Quadrupeds.This is a plaster medallion in the ceiling of the Gallery

Subject:

Phillips Academy--Buildings

Addison Gallery of American Art

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Addison Gallery of American Art Interior," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15732, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15732 (accessed September 1, 2014).