The Andover Inn's Barber Shop

Title:

The Andover Inn's Barber Shop

Creator:

Walter Giersach

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

October 30, 1963

Description:

The Andover Inn, also called Phillips Inn, has also had two buildings, as well as once being called Mansion House. The first hotel connected to the school was the former home of the Phillips family which was then called Mansion House. After it burned in 1887, the Stowe House was converted to a hotel and called first Mansion House and the Phillips Inn. The newest building was constructed in 1930 and remained the Phillips Inn until 1940 when it was christened the Andover Inn. This is a photograph of Sam DeLuca discussing tonsorial troubles with a patron.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Andover Inn

Identifier:

image

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

Walter Giersach, "The Andover Inn's Barber Shop," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15904, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15904 (accessed July 29, 2014).