Pearson Hall on the Move

Title:

Pearson Hall on the Move

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1922

Description:

Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and Foxcroft Hall (originally called Phillips Hall). The large clock tower was added 1875, and the original cupola was restored in 1922 after it was moved to its present site. These three pictures show it in the process of moving to its new site and the foundation upon which it will set.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Pearson Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, , ,

Citation :

"Pearson Hall on the Move," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15923, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15923 (accessed September 30, 2014).