Pearson Hall Comes to Rest

Title:

Pearson Hall Comes to Rest

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1922

Description:

Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and Foxcroft Hall (originally called Phillips Hall). The large clock tower was added 1875, and the original cupola was restored in 1922 after it was moved to its present site. The final preparations are done and the building is shown from the south side with the new version of the old cupola in place

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Pearson Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, , ,

Citation :

"Pearson Hall Comes to Rest," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15924, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15924 (accessed October 1, 2014).