Pearson Hall Classroom with Benches

Title:

Pearson Hall Classroom with Benches

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Pearson Hall began its existence as Bartlet Hall and later Bartlet Chapel. Completed in 1818 for the Theological School, it originally sat between what is now Bartlet Hall (second version) and Foxcroft Hall (originally called Phillips Hall). The large clock tower was added 1875, and the original cupola was restored in 1922 after it was moved to its present site. The benches from this classroom are currently stored in the attice of the OWH Library.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Pearson Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, , ,

Citation :

"Pearson Hall Classroom with Benches," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15925, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15925 (accessed November 27, 2014).