Bartlet Hall as it Now Stands

Title:

Bartlet Hall as it Now Stands

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. This photograph was taken after the restoration of the building, which repaired fire damage from a 1914 fire and removed the fourth floor to conform with other buildings and reduce the fire danger.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall as it Now Stands," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15927, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15927 (accessed October 21, 2014).