Foxcroft Hall in the Summer of 1946

Title:

Foxcroft Hall in the Summer of 1946

Creator:

Minard

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1946

Description:

Foxcroft Hall, originally called Phillips Hall, was built by the Seminary in 1809, a gift of Phoebe Foxcroft Phillips and he son John. It served primarily as a dorm. It was purchased by the academy as part of the purchase of the Seminary in 1908. It had four stories as did Bartlet Hall, but in 1929 the top floor was removed to match the other dorms. This photograph was at graduation in June 1946.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Foxcroft Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

Minard, "Foxcroft Hall in the Summer of 1946," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15931, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15931 (accessed October 21, 2014).