Foxcroft Hall Supports Our Boys

Title:

Foxcroft Hall Supports Our Boys

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Foxcroft Hall, originally called Phillips Hall, was built by the Seminary in 1809, a gift of Phoebe Foxcroft Phillips and he son John. It served primarily as a dorm. It was purchased by the academy as part of the purchase of the Seminary in 1908. It had four stories as did Bartlet Hall, but in 1929 the top floor was removed to match the other dorms. The students, in a show of support for the athletic teams have hung the "P" Banner on the side facing the road that the enemy will be arriving upon for the big game.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Foxcroft Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Foxcroft Hall Supports Our Boys," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15932, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15932 (accessed December 17, 2014).