Foxcroft Hall Common Room

Title:

Foxcroft Hall Common Room

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1915

Description:

Foxcroft Hall, originally called Phillips Hall, was built by the Seminary in 1809, a gift of Phoebe Foxcroft Phillips and he son John. It served primarily as a dorm. It was purchased by the academy as part of the purchase of the Seminary in 1908. It had four stories as did Bartlet Hall, but in 1929 the top floor was removed to match the other dorms. A fire is blazing away in the fireplace, but the boys are away at class. The Andover banner is adorned with pin-ups from the day.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Foxcroft Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Foxcroft Hall Common Room," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #15934, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/15934 (accessed April 23, 2014).