Samaritan House on Chapel Avenue

Title:

Samaritan House on Chapel Avenue

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here for a short while. It was moved to 6 School Street in 1929 to make room for the chapel. This photograph was taken during C. F. P. Bancroft's term as principal, and is lookin from Main Street east toward the house.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Samaritan House on Chapel Avenue," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16143, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16143 (accessed October 31, 2014).