Samaritan House on School Street

Title:

Samaritan House on School Street

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here for a short while. It was moved to 6 School Street in 1929 to make room for the chapel and the Headmaster Alfred Stearns moved along with it.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Samaritan House on School Street," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16144, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16144 (accessed November 28, 2014).