Samaritan House in the 1990's

Title:

Samaritan House in the 1990's

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1995

Description:

Samaritan House was erected in 1824 on Chapel Avenue, where Cochran Chapel now sits. It was the infirmary for the Theological School's students. Harriet Beecher Stowe and her husband Calvin lived here for a short while. It was moved to 6 School Street in 1929 to make room for the chapel. This photgraph shows the house without the shrubbery blocking the view, and in its yellow coat.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Samaritan House in the 1990's," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16145, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16145 (accessed April 23, 2014).