Bulfinch Hall and the Debate Room

Title:

Bulfinch Hall and the Debate Room

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1942

Description:

Bulfinch Hall, once called The Brick Academy was built in 181 to replace its wooden predecessor, which had burnt to the ground. It served as the main academy building or Classic Hall from 1818 to 1843 and then for the Classical Department only until 1866. From then until 1896, when it was gutted by a fire, it was the gymnasium. In 1902 it became a dining hall, and lastly the home of the English Department in 1937. Bulfinch has served the academy well over the centuries. Here a boy attempts to persuade his audience that his view is the correct one.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Bulfinch Hall and the Debate Room," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16159, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16159 (accessed October 31, 2014).