Bancroft Hall On Phillips Street

Title:

Bancroft Hall On Phillips Street

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bancroft Hall donated by Melville Cox Day was the first large size dormitory building in the Southwest Quadrant it had rooms for 36 boys. The year was 1898. Thirty years later it was deemed to be in the way of the vista and had to go. It was moved 100 yards and rotated 90 degrees to its new home on Old Quad Road. This was taken from below the dorm on Phillips Street, and yes that is a boy sitting backwards out of the window on the second floor.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bancroft Hall On Phillips Street," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16238, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16238 (accessed October 24, 2014).