Bancroft Hall as a Place to Hang out

Title:

Bancroft Hall as a Place to Hang out

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bancroft Hall donated by Melville Cox Day was the first large size dormitory building in the Southwest Quadrant it had rooms for 36 boys. The year was 1898. Thirty years later it was deemed to be in the way of the vista and had to go. It was moved 100 yards and rotated 90 degrees to its new home on Old Quad Road. The school day must be complete and the boys have gone back to the dorm to just hang out. Personal injury law suits submitted by foolish people were not being entertained at this time.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bancroft Hall as a Place to Hang out," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16239, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16239 (accessed September 30, 2014).