Bancroft Hall Interior Shot

Title:

Bancroft Hall Interior Shot

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bancroft Hall donated by Melville Cox Day was the first large size dormitory building in the Southwest Quadrant it had rooms for 36 boys. The year was 1898. Thirty years later it was deemed to be in the way of the vista and had to go. It was moved 100 yards and rotated 90 degrees to its new home on Old Quad Road. Still on Phillips Street this is the room Charles W. Arnold of the Class of 1910 and Fred Millard of the Class of 1909.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bancroft Hall Interior Shot," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16241, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16241 (accessed September 23, 2014).