Bancroft Hall on Old Campus Road

Title:

Bancroft Hall on Old Campus Road

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bancroft Hall donated by Melville Cox Day was the first large size dormitory building in the Southwest Quadrant it had rooms for 36 boys. The year was 1898. Thirty years later it was deemed to be in the way of the vista and had to go. It was moved 100 yards and rotated 90 degrees to its new home on Old Quad Road. Now located at 17 Old Campus Road, it will likely remain a fixture of West Quad.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bancroft Hall on Old Campus Road," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16242, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16242 (accessed November 28, 2014).