Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait

Title:

Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1946

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are moe photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. Boys are drawing the dorm, most likely for art class, or fun. Architectural drawing was a class as well, but the lines would be a lot more precise.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall as a Subject of a Portrait," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16244, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16244 (accessed July 29, 2014).