Bartlet Hall Goes to Six Alarms

Title:

Bartlet Hall Goes to Six Alarms

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1914

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are moe photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. This is a photograph of the building fully engulfed in flames. There was little the fire department could do with the building at this point, and care was taken to preserve the buildings nearby.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall Goes to Six Alarms," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16245, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16245 (accessed September 20, 2014).