Bartlet Hall on a Postcard

Title:

Bartlet Hall on a Postcard

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are more photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. This was a postcard made up to capture the moment and allow the buildings demise to be communicated around the world.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall on a Postcard," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16248, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16248 (accessed October 2, 2014).