Bartlet Hall the Ruins From Above

Title:

Bartlet Hall the Ruins From Above

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

Dec. 8, 1914

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are more photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. Taken from above it provides a long view of the campus and the town to the southwest. Even in 1914 Andover was still very rural with acres of open land.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall the Ruins From Above," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16249, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16249 (accessed April 23, 2014).