Bartlet Hall on the Snow Covered Grass


Bartlet Hall on the Snow Covered Grass


Phillips Academy


Dec. 8, 1914


Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are more photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. Looking acros the snow covered grass the people must see it as a gloomy sight.


Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

"Bartlet Hall on the Snow Covered Grass," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16250, (accessed November 29, 2015).