Bartlet Hall with Pearson Hall in the Background

Title:

Bartlet Hall with Pearson Hall in the Background

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

Dec. 8, 1914

Description:

Bartlet Hall was dedicated in 1821 by the Seminary, a gift of Captain William Bartlet of Newburyport. It was the second Bartlet Hall on campus as Barlet Chapel (now Pearson Hall) was originally called Bartlet Hall. These are more photographs of what was left after the 1914 conflagration. When the building was restored the 4th floor was eliminated to conform with the other dorms. This photograph includes a view of Pearson Hall in its original location with its large tower.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Bartlet Hall

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Bartlet Hall with Pearson Hall in the Background," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16252, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16252 (accessed December 20, 2014).