Berry House and the Man in the Boater

Title:

Berry House and the Man in the Boater

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Berry House was the final name for what had been Blunt Tavern, built sometime before 1765 by Captain Isaac Blunt. The Berry Family bought the house in the 1870's from Mr. Holt who had also bought the house in the 1870's from the Blunt family. The Berry's maintained it as a rooming house and then sold it to the Academy in 1923. 1930 marked the end of the structure as it was torn down to make an open space between Commons and the PBX Society House. The man appears to be waiting for something, maybe a ride or a sweetheart.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Berry House and the Man in the Boater," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16253, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16253 (accessed September 20, 2014).