Berry House in the Deep Midwinter

Title:

Berry House in the Deep Midwinter

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Berry House was the final name for what had been Blunt Tavern, built sometime before 1765 by Captain Isaac Blunt. The Berry Family bought the house in the 1870's from Mr. Holt who had also bought the house in the 1870's from the Blunt family. The Berry's maintained it as a rooming house and then sold it to the Academy in 1923. 1930 marked the end of the structure as it was torn down to make an open space between Commons and the PBX Society House. This looks like a real cold day, but no doubt warm and inviting inside.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Berry House in the Deep Midwinter," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16254, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16254 (accessed August 27, 2014).