Berry House Interior

Title:

Berry House Interior

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1886

Description:

Berry House was the final name for what had been Blunt Tavern, built sometime before 1765 by Captain Isaac Blunt. The Berry Family bought the house in the 1870's from Mr. Holt who had also bought the house in the 1870's from the Blunt family. The Berry's maintained it as a rooming house and then sold it to the Academy in 1923. 1930 marked the end of the structure as it was torn down to make an open space between Commons and the PBX Society House. This is a student's room in Berry House. William J. Finch Class of 1886 decorated to his liking.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Berry House Interior," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16257, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16257 (accessed October 1, 2014).