Blunt Tavern in the 1890's

Title:

Blunt Tavern in the 1890's

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1890

Description:

Berry House was the final name for what had been Blunt Tavern, built sometime before 1765 by Captain Isaac Blunt. Blunt had a son who was one of the first thirteen students at Phillips Academy in 1778. Three generations of Blunts lived in the house until it was sold to Mr. Holt who in turn quickly sold it to the Berry family. This date also places the Tavern/Inn in the Berry Family hands. Green was the color of the day as well in the 1930's as it is today. When the house came down the floor boards were reused in another house.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, ,

Citation :

"Blunt Tavern in the 1890's," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16259, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16259 (accessed October 24, 2014).