Bishop Hall Starts to Go Up

Title:

Bishop Hall Starts to Go Up

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1911

Description:

Bishop Hall was the first dormitory to be built in the West Quad. It was named for Judge Robert E. Bishop, President of the Board of Trustees from 1900-1903.Built by Holt-Fairchild of Boston it was completed in 1911 and housed 46 boys and two instructors. This photograph shows the foundation in and the first floor underway.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bishop Hall Starts to Go Up," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16260, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16260 (accessed July 29, 2014).