Bishop Hall and the Christmas Tree

Title:

Bishop Hall and the Christmas Tree

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1996

Description:

Bishop Hall was the first dormitory to be built in the West Quad. It was named for Judge Robert E. Bishop, President of the Board of Trustees from 1900-1903.Built by Holt-Fairchild of Boston it was completed in 1911 and housed 46 boys and two instructors. Although the dorm appears to prefer one brand over another, everybody can find their brand in the sculpture.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Bishop Hall and the Christmas Tree," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16264, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16264 (accessed October 23, 2014).