Borden Gym's Dedication


Borden Gym's Dedication


Phillips Academy




Construction on Borden Gym was started in 1900 and opened officially on March 22, 1902 with a basketball game against the Harvard Freshmen. It replaced the gym that had been in Bulfinch Hall, which was now to become a Dining Hall. In 1909 the students started a fund to build a pool, and by the end of 1911 the pool was open in a new wing. It has since held many events not the least of which was SAT Testing. The school dedicates its new athletic facility.


Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Athletics

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

"Borden Gym's Dedication," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16278, (accessed November 28, 2015).