Borden Gym Shirts and Skins


Borden Gym Shirts and Skins


John Loegard Class of 1956


Phillips Academy




Construction on Borden Gym was started in 1900 and opened officially on March 22, 1902 with a basketball game against the Harvard Freshmen. It replaced the gym that had been in Bulfinch Hall, which was now to become a Dining Hall. In 1909 the students started a fund to build a pool, and by the end of 1911 the pool was open in a new wing. It has since held many events not the least of which was SAT Testing. In a time honored tradition one team takes off their t-shirts to identify themselves.


Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Athletics

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

John Loegard Class of 1956, "Borden Gym Shirts and Skins," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16284, (accessed October 9, 2015).