Borden Gym After a Loss

Title:

Borden Gym After a Loss

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

Construction on Borden Gym was started in 1900 and opened officially on March 22, 1902 with a basketball game against the Harvard Freshmen. It replaced the gym that had been in Bulfinch Hall, which was now to become a Dining Hall. In 1909 the students started a fund to build a pool, and by the end of 1911 the pool was open in a new wing. It has since held many events not the least of which was SAT Testing. Here in the locker room it is evident a loss has occurred, but whether it is a game or a girl friend, the adolescent male is often sad.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Phillips Academy -- Athletics

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

"Borden Gym After a Loss," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16286, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16286 (accessed December 19, 2014).