Brick House Formal Portrait


Brick House Formal Portrait


Phillips Academy


The Brick House was built in 1832 on the site where the Phillips Memorial Gateway was built. It served as a printing house and a book store from 1832 through the 1860's, at which point Warren Draper relocated the business to Andover Center. It then was a boarding house for students, a secret society house for ODA Society formed in the 1870's, and lastly taken over by the trustees in 1908 and torn down in 1912. Likely taken in 1903 when the formal cards were produced, it is hard to place the building as it is surrounded by open space.


Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

"Brick House Formal Portrait," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16288, (accessed September 25, 2017).