Brick House with Tucker House and then Churchill House off in the Distance

Title:

Brick House with Tucker House and then Churchill House off in the Distance

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Description:

The Brick House was built in 1832 on the site where the Phillips Memorial Gateway was built. It served as a printing house and a book store from 1832 through the 1860's, at which point Warren Draper relocated the business to Andover Center. It then was a boarding house for students, a secret society house for ODA Society formed in the 1870's, and lastly taken over by the trustees in 1908 and torn down in 1912.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Buildings

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

, , ,

Citation :

"Brick House with Tucker House and then Churchill House off in the Distance," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16290, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16290 (accessed August 27, 2014).