Brothers Field Laying Down the New Cinder Track

Title:

Brothers Field Laying Down the New Cinder Track

Creator:

George H. Davis Studio

Publisher:

Phillips Academy

Date:

1915

Description:

Brothers Field was named for the Knapp Brothers, George of the Class of 1854 and Arthur who taught at the Academy in 1863. George provided the money to purchase the land for the fields. This photograph shows the final touches being put on the new cinder track in 1915 replacing the wooden track that had been put down in 1913.

Subject:

Phillips Academy -- Grounds

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :

,

Citation :

George H. Davis Studio, "Brothers Field Laying Down the New Cinder Track," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16291, http://heritage.noblenet.org/items/show/16291 (accessed October 24, 2014).