Brothers Field Baseball Diamond


Brothers Field Baseball Diamond


George H. Davis Studio


Phillips Academy


Brothers Field was named for the Knapp Brothers, George of the Class of 1854 and Arthur who taught at the Academy in 1863. George provided the money to purchase the land for the fields. No outfield fence and a tree were features of the newly constructed diamond. There is now a fence and the tree long gone and hard to find.


Phillips Academy -- Grounds

Collection :

History of the Academy

Tags :


Citation :

George H. Davis Studio, "Brothers Field Baseball Diamond," in NOBLE Digital Heritage, Item #16293, (accessed August 22, 2017).